Friday, September 3, 2010

The day it rained

aaj to googly ho gai.....
As it is said..... "khaya peeya kuch nahi glass toda barah ana"
There was similar story for me this day. Holy month of ramadhan and I had already missed last juma prayer.

Well for clarification, there was no tragedy that day it just slipped out of my mind, and just when I was preparing to go on roof for dhuhr prayer, a frnd who himself did not go to prayer for reasons best known to him remind me about friday. And by that time it was too late for anything .. even my FZ would have falied to reach there on time .... Just kidding I love my bike .. bottom line :P

Today.... well as expected I had this thing carved into my mind, today is friday and it being alvida ... I took extra precaution of starting 20 min early just to make sure nothing wrong happens this time. But destiny had better plans for me or to say worse plan.
It was gloomy and dark so chances of rain could not have been overruled, still I zoomed with my FZ towards mosque with my friend as pillion (the same guy who remind me last friday).

I will take this opertunity to describe the scene here .. it was just wonderfully toooooo good had it been some other day.
On the road stretch 100 mts ahead of us it was dry and just beyond that it was raining heavily near the mosque. People were approaching the barrier and returning towards the dry side. We took courage and crossed the barrier and were drenched as expected. We were prepared for that, but what we were not prepared for was to see jamat on the verge of ending salat.
My first reaction was that my clock is stunned and giving wrong time. Already wet tip to toe, we parked beside a dhaba. Still cursing myself that I can not come on time even once a week, I asked a fellow brother if it was early and we got confirmation for it.
They started half an hr behind normal time, I am not sure if it was announced in advance or they did this expecting the lash of the rain. Whatever was the reason, I am disappointed and sad that I missed alvida juma.
I am sitting in office (in ac) dripping with water and writing this blog .... have a meeting at 5 pm hope I am in a situation to attend it...
already started shivering .... hope I can withstand it :)

No comments: